Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This is not me being an asshole...

julieboolie 2 23: hey whats ur deal?
daygreen99: i dont have one?
julieboolie 2 23: why did u tell kyle u dont wanna be in the wedding?
daygreen99: cause i didnt feel up to being in the groom party
julieboolie 2 23: yea, it interferes too much with ur partying right?
daygreen99: no i have a busy schedule as it is and that's not something that's easily fit in
julieboolie 2 23: well you know we will both be better off without ur bullshit any way, i knew u were a terrible friend from day one
daygreen99: yea i'm a horrible horrible person. there's no point in even having this talk so let's just let this be.
julieboolie 2 23: no problem, have a good life, dont kill urself drinking
daygreen99: thanks for the heads up ill keep that in mind... so i guess im not invited to the reception
julieboolie 2 23: not after that shannigans, kyle was counting on u
daygreen99: ok just making sure so i don't have to go to bed bath and beyond to get a bridal registry
daygreen99: i even had a date planned, lunch box said he'd come
julieboolie 2 23: thats probably a good idea seeing that im not registered at bed bath and beyond
julieboolie 2 23: i think u need to have a long talk with kyle he deserves an appology, that is the least u can do
julieboolie 2 23: and please, that is the LAST person i want at my wedding
daygreen99: exactly'
julieboolie 2 23: whatever, it is definitely not my loss
daygreen99: same here
julieboolie 2 23: ur a waste of time
daygreen99: yea i suppose. ill let you go now. you guys have a jolly time

The story: Kyle used to play in a band I was in. We were best friends, the band basically consisted of him and me doing everything. He wrote the music, I booked all the shows wrote all the lyrics etc. We hung out daily, and I mean daily. Me and his other best friend Lunch Box one time went to Wildwood for a couple of days and drank everclear nonstop and had emotional times. Lunchbox and I stood by Kyle all the time when he was upset we never left him and we always played wingmen. All of a sudden the band started doing good, we were playing shows with signed bands getting mad plays, and got an email from a fairly good indie label who has housed many of the bands you are listening to now, can we say Panic at the disco, gym class heroes, etc. I contact Kyle, but oh wait for 3 weeks prior he started hanging out with this new girl. She took over his life, she was a "trained" singer who loved country and convinced him how horrible I was and the rest of the band was. And you know its a waste of time etc. I never said I was anything special but the big thing was we had gnarly shows, gnarly looks and people liked it and label wanted us. So the girl has no idea about 'the scene' and fucks us over. I put on a smile was liek oh yea hi shes nice. She wouldn't let him hang out alone they decided they were moving to South Carolina, so band broke up, with contract on the table. Cool.
He's MIA till one day he says he's not moving, I get excited thinknig he got smart and peaced, but oh wait. She's pregnant apparently going on and off birth control and not telling your significant other allows you to get pregnant, who would have thunk it?
So he's MIa forever never answers phone calls until he randomly calls me needing something.
"I want you to be a groomsman at my wedding"
Now I am in a quandry, do I say yes because of all the good times we had and how much I cared about him or do I say no since he became a whenever friend and made a horrible decision.
I said I think so.
He is then MIA again.
Until one day he calles about getting our tux's fitted. I think to myself, what the fuck am I doing. I am going to go to this wedding put on the oh hey congrats face and then leave and he'll be MIA for another 6 months or whatever.
I email him and say, I'm sorry but I will not be in the procession. Good Luck.
Julie then IM's me that conversation.

I don't need random people who will be friends then disappear, especially someone who you basically lived with. Not my deal. I could have went off on her or said horrible stuff here, but there's no point. Out of respect for him I will let it be. You just have to ask yourself, when all of your friends disappear because of some new person in your life, what does that mean.
I feel deep down inside he knows why I said no and he understands and will never hate me, there was to much that took place between us for that to happen. I hope he is happy, we had great times and memories are always relevant. Just never say I was a horrible person cause thats bullshit. But why worry, right.

Whatever