Sunday, November 11, 2007

Michael Moore

This old man came into Blockbuster the other day. He came to check out a movie and says "I'm about to stop shopping here". I ask him why and he responds, "You have this fat fucks movies all over the place, a goddamn entire section dedicated to his new movie, your owner is a liberal and is trying to send his propaganda everywhere." Now I don't care what people think for or against it's cool, it's your decision. The only thing I hate is when people are just flat out ignorant about their opinions, like saying how you hate something when you've never seen it, or just being stubborn and just saying like George Bush is great because he is president and what he says is obviously true. If you believe in something and actually can back it up or have legit reasons that's great for you, whether or not I agree with you, but if you just like to spew stupid things out and have no reason why I consider you a fool...Anyways...I say to him how his new movie really isn't political for either side, it's more saying how our health care is horrendous and needs to be fixed, granted it does have somethings against bush but whatever for the most part it's trying to bring attention to our fuck ups. He informs me how it is all propaganda and that only idiots believe what he says and it's all lies. Now I've like Michael Moore since I was 13 (now 21) he made a documentary called "The Big One" it's about all these companies in America making record profits and then downsizing all their employees and moving overseas. It's a great movie just showing how these companies in America have cause so many people horrendous problems after making great profits, etc...His more recent stuff is more political but who else is really talking out about the problems. Anytime someone films a documentary you know it's their point of view and you shouldn't just believe it at face value, read up on it, do research etc. But for the most part a lot of his stuff is 100% true and raises good points. Whether you agree or not he is getting people to talk about what he is talking about so you need to applaud that...After telling him that the movie is a hit and obviously we are going to dedicate shelf space to it he calls me a young liberal who needs to get his facts straight and leaves the store... I then go to his account and put a hold on it for renting, I write 3 holds on it, these have to be taken off manually when he tries to rent... 1) Renter bounced a check.. 2) Renters credit card was declined.. 3) Renter returned 3 movies without the disc's...I also wrote a comment that pops up every time until I personally remove it with my manager code.. "Ask renter how he enjoyed Sicko (Moore's new movie).. guy sucks and is just an ignorant angry man who hasn't watched anything Michael Moore has done and just bases his opinions on what Bill O'Reilly says.... have fun renting at blockbuster you redneck...